Pattie is well known in the industry, being a key player in the design, manufacturing and sales of swimwear since 1985. She has established herself as a “fit” expert, innovative designer and one of the most successful marketers of swimwear specifically designed by body type for women of every age, size and shape.
With a little help from Pattie, we can all find the suit to make us look our best at the beach.
- Draw the eye up away from your lower level with clever designs and bright colors on top
- Try a skirtini or a swimdress to camouﬂage heavier bottoms and accentuate your best assets.
- Balance proportions by choosing a halter, H back or a style that comes around the neck to give the illusion of broader shoulders.
Challenge: Tummy bumps and bulges you would like to hide
- Look for designs with strategic shirring anddraping over the stomach area, which conceal bumps or bulges
- Flatten the tummy by investing in swimwear that has control fabrics designed to ﬂatten your stomach
- A wrap from neckline will draw the eye upward, accentuating the positive
- A black and white print with a pop of color will create visual interest
- A swim dress always provides dependable coverage
Challenge: Things heading south?
- Large Busted? Look for designs with thick straps which oﬀer more lift and support.
- Swimsuits with adjustable straps are a girl’s best friend. As these allow you to control lift and ﬁt.Who doesn’t approach swimwear selection with at least a bit of apprehension? We asked Pattie Brynes, the President of Fit4U swimwear, to share her tips for stress free plus size swimsuit shopping.
- Lift bust line with underwire. Buy swimsuits with similar features to your favorite bra.
- For a boost try a design with pads to add shape.
Challenge: A Long Torso that makes buying one-pieces diﬃcult.
- Try a plus size swimsuit design with adjustable straps to reduce any pull on shoulders
- Finding a regular ﬁt uncomfortable? Try some of the long torso ranges now available-specially constructed to ﬁt longer stomachs
- Look for a design with colors or clever patterns that cut across the torso and break up the length.